Filing bankruptcy in Georgia can remove your credit card debt, save property from being taken by creditors, and much more.
Bankruptcy takes your financial situation and puts it under the protection of the federal bankruptcy court. Bankruptcy also can make it possible for you to:
· Eliminate the legal obligation to pay most or all of your debts. This is called a "discharge" of debts. It is designed to give you a fresh financial start.
· Stop foreclosure on your home and allow you an opportunity to catch up on missed payments.
· Prevent repossession of a car or other property, or force the creditor to return property even after it has been repossessed.
· Stop wage garnishment, debt collection harassment, and similar creditor actions to collect a debt.
· Restore or prevent termination of utility service.
· Pay debts over a longer period of time than originally planned.
Bankruptcy can give you the peace of mind of no longer being under a heavy debt load that you can't repay. Call King and King at 404-524-6400 for a free consultation and take control of your financial life today or visit us at www.kingandkingattorneys.com for more information.